Agreement Between User and Odisha Bus Service (OBS)
OBS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the access to any or all OBS websites and the related services or any portion thereof at any time, without notice.
Odisha Bus Service (hereinafter ‘OBS’) is only providing the services as an agent of various bus operators (hereinafter ‘Operator’). OBS’ obligations are limited to issuance of ticket, providing information as made available to it and processing refunds, subject to terms and conditions. OBS is not responsible for the provision of services by the respective operator(s).
OBS assumes no responsibility or liability for the actions or omissions of the operator(s) including non-adherence of the scheduled timings, behavior of the operator’s staff, conditions inside the buses, loss of life or property, delay, breakdown or inconvenience suffered by the user or passenger.
Limitation of liability
Without prejudice to whatever is stated hereunder or hereinabove, The maximum liability on part of OBS arising under any circumstances, in respect of any services offered on the site, shall be limited to the refund of total amount received from the user for availing the services less any cancellation, refund or others charges, as may be applicable. In no case the liability shall include any consequential loss, damage or additional expense whatsoever beyond the amount charged by OBS for its services.
In no event shall OBS and/or its agents/employees be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any damages whatsoever including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the travel or use or performance of the OBS website.
Passengers are required to furnish a copy of the ticket or display the SMS received from OBS on the registered cell phone number, along with an identity proof at the time of boarding the bus.
All tickets issued shall be non-transferable.
Passengers are required to reach the boarding place 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
All disputes are subject to Bhubaneswar (Orissa) courts jurisdiction only.
Modification Of These Terms
OBS reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which the OBS website is offered, including but not limited to the charges. The user is responsible for regularly reviewing these terms and conditions.
Communication of OBS’ Services
The user is aware that Odisha Bus Service provides complete travel services and would like to learn about them, to enhance his / her travel experience.
The user hereby specifically authorizes Odisha Bus Service to contact the user with offers on various services offered by it through direct mailers, e-mailers, telephone calls, short messaging services (SMS) or any other medium, from time to time. In case that the user chooses not to be contacted, he / shall write to Odisha Bus Service for specific exclusion at (email@example.com) with Subject Line mentioning the following: “Do Not Send Marketing Mailers”.
The tickets booked through www.odishabusservice.com are cancelable. Kindly note that the money is not transferred back to the user's credit/debit card, bank account, ITZ card account, Paymate Account. Instead the money will be refunded in the form of a Cash Coupon, which can be used during your next transaction. This coupon is valid for a date of travel up to 6 months from the date of cancellation.
Following is the Cancellation Fee Schedule:
All cancellations made up to
Ticket(s) cannot be cancelled within 24 hours of the date of journey However, please note that the cancellation fee and cancellation period may differ for specific bus services. Please contact our customer care for further details.
- one week before travel date would attract a cancellation fee of 4% of total ticket fare
- less than 1 week and up to 3 days before the travel date would attract 7% of total ticket fare towards cancellation fee
- less than 3 days and up to 24 hours before travel date attracts 10% of ticket fare.
OBS has a No-Refund Policy for “No-Show”.
General Terms and Conditions:
- The arrival and departure timings indicated on OBS’ website are scheduled departure and arrival timings as indicated by the Operator. Buses may be delayed, or pick up points changed, due to unavoidable reasons like traffic jams, etc. Users are requested to call and reconfirm their pick up point and time of pick up with the service provider directly on their date of journey.
- Provision of Video, Air Conditioning and any such other services mentioned by our travel partner in the buses is the responsibility of our Bus Travel Partner (Operator). Any refunds / claims due to non- functioning or un-availability of these services needs to be settled directly with the service provider (Operator).
- In the event of cancellation of a bus/service trip, OBS will assist the passenger in providing an alternative similar service subject to availability. In case an alternative is not available, then OBS shall be liable to the passenger only to the extent of refunding the sum paid by the passenger for the price of the ticket.